ChatBox voice output communication device combines the use of meaningful pictorial images with the latest technology to enable people who cannot speak to communicate easily and quickly with their families, friends and others.
The newly enhanced ChatBox is designed for use by any individual who experiences cognitive and language limitations, brain disorders, cerebral palsy or conditions that result in temporary loss of speech.
- The ChatBox can be programmed for the appropriate vocabulary, voice and native tongue of their user.
- It can be utilized effectively by individuals of any age as a primary aid to daily communication or as a "first" communication aid from which one transitions to a more flexible system.
- ChatBox is an affordable, entry-level device which introduces a non-speaking individual to electronic voice aids.
- It is the only low-cost communication device that uses Minspeak, a language system based on combining multi-meaning icons to generate naturally spoken output via words, phrases or sentences.
- By organizing vocabulary around activities and situations, the beginning aided communicator is provided with sufficient vocabulary for use at home, school, work or play.
- ChatBox can contain up to four, customizable vocabulary overlays.
CEasy Use of Icons
- A small light, (LED), in the upper corner of each key makes it easy to locate stored messages and to use the correct icon sequence.
Most Effective Language
- Minspeak is by far the most successful technique for communicating with augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices.
- ChatBox is the only low-cost communication aid using Minspeak.
- Individuals who cannot press the keys on ChatBox can use a variety of switches to activate messages.
- Row/column scanning and linear scanning are both available.
- If a key isn't illuminated, it can't be activated.
- This makes it easier for people with poor motor skills or limited cognitive or language skills to relay the correct message without accidentally hitting the wrong key.
- ChatBox can be programmed with up to 10 minutes of speech.
- A built-in microphone enables easy recording of messages by a family member, teacher, instructional aid, volunteer or other chosen voice representative.
Light and Portable
- Weigh only 1.5 lbs.
- Measure 5.75: x 7.5".
- The newest model includes more than three times the memory of earlier models, plus additional battery life, higher quality speech and row/column scanning as an additional input technique.